Paediatric First Aid And INSET courses for schools
Our Paediatric course
Designed for those involved in the care of babies and young children, our paediatric course complies with OFSTED / Sure Start and the EYFS requirements for nurseries, pre-schools, schools and child minders. The 12 hour course is essential for those working with under 5s.
We run 3 courses per term in our classroom – a weekday, a weekend, and an evening course for individuals and small groups to book onto. If you have a larger group, we offer a group rate and will organise dates to suit your group. We can train in your premises or you can come to us.
Course content :
- Assess and prioritise a first aid incident
- Deal with an unconscious child or baby
- Perform resuscitation on a child or baby
- Control bleeding and shock
- Recognise and deal with a range of common illnesses and injuries until the arrival of medical care
Course details :
- First Aid manual for each participant
- Continual assessment during the course (no test / exam)
- 12 hours – arranged as 2 x 6hrs or 4 x 3hours
- Paediatric First Aid certificate is awarded on successful completion of the course, valid for 3 years
- £82 (inc VAT) per person
INSET training in schools
We offer INSET training in half day or full day sessions for schools, focusing on resuscitation, common injuries that occur in schools, and can also include any specific requirements you ask for.
We can also provide training for D of E leaders.
Baby First Aid Essentials
Designed for those with little or no First Aid knowledge that would like to be able to save the life of their child (or a child they care for), we provide this 2 or 3 hour short course.
By the end you will be able to assess a first aid incident, deal with an unconscious baby or child, perform resuscitation on a baby or child, control bleeding and manage choking.
– Blandford Children’s Centre
– Yeovil Pre-school
– Cheddar Children’s Centre